Getting a one way ticket to Amsterdam was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I've been wanting to visit this place for years.. All I hear from people is, "It's the best city in Europe..." or "oh you think that place is cool, just wait 'til you see Amsterdam.." So with that in mind, a one way ticket seemed like the best option. :) Also, I have quite a few friends that live here, so instead of researching places to go or things to see like I usually would, I decided to go with the flow and let them show us around this amazing city.
My tips for anyone planning to visit Amsterdam:
- Rent bikes and get lost riding through the canal mazes.
- Visit De 9 Straatjes. My favorite part. Here you'll find streets lined with countless boutiques and amazing restaurants/cafes.
- See the city from the water. Rent a boat with friends or jump on one of the tour boats. This is the best way to see the city. (oh and bring a bottle of Rose hehe)
- Visit the W Hotel and head up to the top floor for drinks at sunset.
- Have dinner at the Duchess. Share everything and order the Scallops and Lobster. ;)